Currently Apache TomEE attracts lots of companies and developers who develop code in Java EE technologies. Moreover, number of "Cloud Providers & Server Hosting" companies which sells TomEE deployment is increasing every day. Although TomEE is getting very strong on technical side, there is no TomEE related book on the market. Like any other open source project, its documentation is not well designed and lack of containing lots of tiny important details (Lack of configuration details, not ordered & written like a technical book etc.). This is the reason why I wrote Apache TomEE Cookbook.
Book is targeted for Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE) programmers and application server administrators using Apache TomEE in test and/or production environment. It is an all level experience book. Even an experienced TomEE administrator can benefit from the book.
This book is written as a Cook Book. It provides collection of recipes how to configure and use TomEE application server easily even for the non-experienced users. Therefore, I want to name title as "Apache TomEE Cookbook".
Content of the Book: This book is a cook book and quickly explains concepts and configuration of TomEE. Here is the chapters:
- Chapter 1 : Introduction
- Chapter 2 : Getting Started
- Chapter 3 : TomEE Architecture
- Chapter 4 : TomEE Web Server, Apache Tomcat
- Chapter 5 : TomEE EJB Lite Server, Apache OpenEJB
- Chapter 6 : Deployments in TomEE
- Chapter 7 : JavaEE Technologies Used in TomEE
- Chapter 8 : TomEE Security
- Chapter 9 : JNDI Naming In TomEE
- Chapter 10 : Transactions in TomEE
- Chapter 11 : TomEE Clustering Features
- Chapter 12 : TomEE WebSocket Protocol Support
- Chapter 13 : TomEE GUI
- Chapter 14 : Testing Techniques in TomEE
- Chapter 15 : TomEE Embedded Usage
- Chapter 16 : Useful References
- Chapter 17 : ASF License
I hope that this guide helps you for learning of TomEE secrets. Even if TomEE is an easy to use and powerful open source application server, documentation of the server is not well organized and complete. After reading this book, you will understand TomEE and its internal components. You can configure your own TomEE server easily after reading this book. This book also provides a very good information about other ASF Java EE Technologies including "Apache MyFaces, Apache OpenJPA, Apache OpenEJB, Apache BVAL" etc. You will understand how to configure these technologies within TomEE.
- Buy book from Amazon : http://tinyurl.com/kvtp4fc