|OW2 Programming Contest 2013
Award Ceremony: October 23-24, 2013
National University of Defense Technology, Changsha, China
Download the contest promotion brochure
Latest newsThe topic submission process is now over.
May 6, 2013: is open and the registration deadline is June 15, 2013.
IntroductionOnce again in 2013, OW2 and are organizing a .
This is the fourth edition of the OW2 Programming Contest. Check out previous editions here:
Competition PurposesThe purpose of the competition is to develop awareness for the OW2 code base among students and technicians, and to provide an opportunity for contestants to demonstrate their talent in computer programming. What's more, the contest aims at promoting teamwork and the ability of college students in science and technology to study and use OW2 open source projects. Based on principles of "freedom, sharing and creativity", and aiming at developing international communication and cooperation, the competition is overseen by IT professionals and academics from around the world.
Rules of Contest
EligibilityAcademic staff and students of universities and research institutes, engineers of industrial and business organizations, and all other professionals.
RegistrationParticipants should select a topic among the for the OW2 contest.
Once they have selected a topic, they should go to the for registration instructions.
- Participants can select a topic from the list provided on the OW2 Contest webpage.
- After registration, participants must get in touch with the topic contact, and exchange information on the corresponding project mailing list.
- A weekly report has to be sent by e-mail to the topic contact and OW2 Programming Contest staff.
- The software will be developed using the or alternatively SVN on the or . It should include appropriate documentation for installing and running the software, as well as examples and tests. The language for code comments and documentation should be English.
Award SelectionThe Award Selection process includes three stages:
- Shortlist of entries by an Expert Team,
- Peer-evaluation on the Internet, and,
- Final selection by the OW2 Technology Council.
- First prize: one award will be given (RMB 10 000 or a return flight to Beijing and five nights accommodation).
- Second prize: up to FIVE awards will be given. (Each Award: RMB 2 000 or a netbook).
- Third prize: up to TEN awards will be given. (Each Award: RMB 500 or external 1TB hard drive).
Award CeremonyParticipants are invited to participate in the Award Ceremony. They are expected to present their work in English during the Ceremony workshop. In case participants cannot attend, they should provide OW2 with a presentation (slides with associated comments either in text or recorded).
- Deadline for topics submission: May 3, 2013 (extended deadline)
- Deadline of registration: June 15, 2013
- Deadline for code submission: September 1, 2013
- Award conference: October 23-24, 2013